Proper care following your treatment is necessary to achieve and prolong the best results!!
Please remember that the colour is up to 50 % darker immediately after the treatment.
It will begin to get lighter as the skin begins to heal (5-7 days). The true healed colour will not come through until approximately 4-6 weeks after the initial treatment. As the skin heals, the colour may seem to have disappeared as it is obscured by healing layers of skin. Under no circumstances should any further work be undertaken on this area in this time.
During this time the channels will begin to scab and flake off. Allow the skin to do this on its own. Under no circumstances should you pick or rub these off!! This can result in the colour healing unevenly and you can also risk scarring and infection.
Linda recommends keeping the eyebrows dry as they heal (for 5-7 days). Should the area get wet, gently pat dry using a clean lint- free cloth. DO NOT RUB.
You may experience – slight swelling and redness following the treatment. This is a normal reaction to the skin being broken and the skin protecting itself. Some people experience tenderness, flaking, dryness and itchiness in the treated area during the healing phase (normally up to 7 days). If you find the itch too much you can apply the balm Linda will give you and follow the instructions for its use.
- A mild skin cleanser may be used on the face avoiding the brows during the healing period.
- Keep your hair away to help prevent any infection.
- You cannot expose the healing skin to extreme heat, cold or moisture for two weeks following your treatment. This includes direct sun, tanning beds, Jacuzzis, saunas, salt water, chlorinated pools, direct shower spray, hot water, skin creams or ointments other than what you have been instructed to use.
- You cannot apply make up to the brow until the skin has flaked.
- You cannot apply Vaseline type ointments to the area for a week after the treatment. After this time ointments of this type can be applied and are recommended if you plan to use chlorinated pools or Jacuzzis.